This paper describes the performance of and gives an early view into the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of MySQL running on Cavium ThunderX based servers. We found Cavium’s first-generation ThunderX to have almost the same performance and slightly better service latencies at the same power consumption compared to a mainstream Intel Xeon E5 processor.
- 3/31/17 - Forbes - "In using the MediaTek Deep Learning SDK in conjunction with a Helio X20 or Helio X30 SoC, developers can enable local AI functions on a variety of platforms." - Jim McGregor
- 3/29/17 -EE Times - "considerable executive shuffling [is] happening” at the company, as Qualcomm girds “for the integration of NXP.” - Jim McGregor
- 3/29/17 - Tech News World - "We still have a long way to go toward developing a complex bi-directional link directly to the brain." - Kevin Krewell
- 3/28/17 - Linux Insider - "Red Hat has large-enterprise brand recognition and reach. However, moving digital transformation into the mainstream for mid-sized and smaller customers requires a broader set of go-to-market partners. This is a good SMB channel partners play for Red Hat." - Paul Teich
- 3/24/17 - EE Times - "The announcement also suggests that Intel is investing in the Nervana custom silicon development, codenamed Lake Crest, which is a recognition that machine learning will require a more heterogeneous approach to computing." - Kevin Krewell
- 3/23/17 - Market Watch - "Part of what we are running into it the technology itself is running into a Moore's Law limit and we are using packaging and die stacking to compensate." - Kevin Krewell